Young Alumni Club
The Young Alumni Club (YAC) is comprised of Oglethorpe alumni who have graduated within the past 10 years. The Planning Committee meets twice each year to program approximately 3-4 events throughout the year. Whether you just graduated or have been out of school for a bit, the OU Young Alumni Club is your connection today and in the future.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
Planning Committee: The Young Alumni Club (YAC) planning committee meets about four times a year to program approximately three to four events for the general membership of the YAC. Our meetings are fun and an attempt to get at the heart of what young alumni want and need most.
General Member: The Young Alumni Club is a free and open organization that helps graduates who have left OU within the last 10 years to reconnect with their Petrel classmates and friends.
Volunteer: Volunteering is a great way young alumni can stay connected to OU. We are always looking for young alumni to connect with students through opportunities such as mentorship, serving as a speaker or panelist, networking or informal career coach, social media ambassadors, and more! Complete the volunteer form to get involved.
Give: Oglethorpe University donors are changing lives every day through giving. You can be a part of making the OU experience exceptional for future students by making a gift today. Whether you are giving for the first time, or you decide to give a little more than you have in the past, you’ll be making a profound impact! Our young alumni can give to the University in a number of ways:
- Make a one-time donation toward the cause you care about in the OU community. Designations can include faculty, campus beautification, athletics and many more.
- Make a difference without busting your wallet. Become an OU Core Sustainer. Commit to a monthly donation of any size to support OU students and programs.
- Consider becoming one of our most committed supporters through the Young Alumni JEO Circle.
You can get involved at a higher level by volunteering to be a YAC committee member so that you can help plan the Club’s direction. As a member of a YAC committee, you will:
- Be informed about university news and updates.
- Assist in planning social, educational and networking events (examples include: Boar’s Head Alumni Holiday Event, sports outings, book club and wine tastings).
- Serve as a career classroom speaker, panelist for Admission events/open houses, Scholarship Weekend volunteer, or a class agent (examples include: Interviewing scholarship students visiting campus for Scholarship Weekend, speaking to the Senior Transitions class regarding your career or speaking to parents at Orientation).
- Be willing to meet twice in the upcoming year (January & July) to plan Alumni Weekend and a Fall semester activity.
- Be OU’s loving critic! If you see something we should improve, please share appropriately with the Alumni Office to be a part of improving and strengthening OU.
- Be OU’s eyes and ears. The YAC needs to be relevant and continue to build OU’s young alumni leaders for future leadership roles on boards.