New team member to join Office of Alumni Engagement

Oglethorpe alumna Alyssa Merletti ’23 will join the Office of Alumni Engagement on July 22 in the new role of assistant director of alumni engagement.

Her role will work with many aspects of alumni engagement, from events to volunteer support.  Chief among these responsibilities will be managing class reunions for the milestone reunion years to enhance these special engagement opportunities. The role will also support volunteer-led affinity groups and serve as the staff advisor to the student alumni association.  

Headshot of a blond woman in a Stormy Petrels shirt.
Alyssa Merletti ’23

Get to know Alyssa and join us in welcoming her back to Oglethorpe!

What did you study at Oglethorpe?
I was a communications major and double minor in Studio Art and Film and Media Studies.

What activities were you involved in on campus?
Throughout my time at Oglethorpe, I was involved in the Alpha Sigma Tau Sorority, with various leadership positions; the Oglethorpe Women’s Tennis team, serving as the captain for two of my years; the Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Fraternity; and the Student Athletic Advisory Committee.

What is your favorite Oglethorpe tradition:
My favorite Oglethorpe tradition is Boar’s Head, where alumni can mingle in a fun, celebratory environment. A close runner-up is the Carillon Ceremony, which was created by my mentor, Barbara Henry! I am excited to pass on future traditions and explore the possibility of creating more. 

What is one of your favorite memories of Oglethorpe?
My favorite memories from Oglethorpe are my countless memories with my teammates from the tennis team. One of my favorite memories was from my junior year on an annual trip to Orlando to the USTA National Campus. I spent a week in a house with the women’s team, and we had taco nights, played games and had so much time to bond. We even brought back planking! We were having a blast fooling around in the times we weren’t grinding on the courts in the Florida heat. 

What are you looking forward to about coming to work at Oglethorpe?
Oglethorpe alumni are such high-achieving individuals, who come from a variety of backgrounds. I’m so excited to meet all of the alumni and hear their Oglethorpe stories!