The Office of Alumni Relations is continually looking for ways to engage OU Alumni as volunteers. We rely heavily on our amazing volunteers to help us carry out programming for all alumni. We also work with other campus offices to organize opportunities to connect with current and future students, faculty, staff and other alumni.
As a volunteer you will receive many benefits including:
- Giving back to your alma mater through time and talent
- Opportunities to meet and network with other alumni
- Have a direct impact on current students by sharing your post-college experiences
- Have a direct impact on prospective students by sharing your Oglethorpe experience
- Help maintain the alumni-student connection and network
- Help keep alumni connected through sharing of social media, news stories & event announcements
- Fun thank you gifts, invitations to annual volunteer appreciation luncheon, and annual volunteer recognition dinner
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO SERVE?
- Speaker on a career or grad school panel or in the classroom
- Mentorship Program for current students
- Networking or informal career coach for current students or young alumni (offer advice at career networking events or in small group sessions in coordination with Career Development)
- Interviewer of prospective students for OU Admission or for Scholarship Weekend
- Participate in Service Projects around the City of Atlanta by representing Oglethorpe
- Host a small group of current students and alumni in your home for a Career Takeout (casual dinner and conversation with alumni)
- Serve on a host committee for a reunion or event outside of Atlanta
- Social Media Ambassador – encourage alumni to follow us and share our stories and news
- Serve on the Young Alumni Club (YAC) Planning Committee
- Serve on the Alumni Board (must be an active alum)
- Giving Day Ambassador – encourage alumni to participate in giving campaigns.